Dear CIRI Member,
Thank you for being a part of the CIRI community and supporting us as an organization through your membership in 2016. With AGM season upon us, I have been thinking about CIRI and what we have accomplished over the last year. Here are the highlights:
We Represented IROs’ Views on Public Policy
- We continued to meet with regulators and various stakeholders to advocate for greater transparency of share ownership;
- We submitted comments on take-over bids and issuer bids; and the Ontario Business Corporations Act; and
- We hosted two Issues Committee update webinars to inform members of regulatory changes and provide them an opportunity to voice their opinions to regulators.
We Kept IROs Current on Leading IR Practices through Professional Development and Resources
We Raised Awareness of the IR Profession
- With the successful completion of the 2014-2015 CIRI/Ivey Investor Relations Certification Program and the certification exam that followed; 16 students were awarded the CPIR designation. There are now 68 individuals who earned their CPIR.
Lastly, we continue to support our members during this challenging economic environment with the Transition Program; a reduced Conference registration fee for members in transition; and a special Conference registration fee for multiple members from the same issuer.
What is Next?
We have some exciting things planned for 2016. We will continue to provide members with greater value by offering:
- Four issues of IR directions, research to identify best practices and trends in IR, on topics selected by members through our recent member survey;
- Updated Standards & Guidance for Disclosure and Model Disclosure Policy; and
- New events for senior level IROs.
At the same time, we have developed a vision for the organization, one we intend to achieve within the next three years. We have identified areas that we feel are imperative to realizing this vision and are working diligently to further these in order to develop a new strategic plan for the organization. I look forward to providing more insight on our plans soon.
President & CEO, CIRI