CIRI British Columbia Chair's Message
I am very excited to have assumed the role of Chair of your CIRI BC Board for 2013-2014. In the past few months our board has been working hard to establish an incredible schedule of programming events for this upcoming year. Whether you are new to IR, or a senior IR practitioner, our line-up of speakers and events will offer significant value to your career development and assist you in growing your connection to your local IR community.
CIRI BC is dedicated to building and maintaining a spirit of community among investor relations professionals. Through IR education, mentoring and networking, the BC Chapter helps members improve their skills and keep on top of the latest developments in the field to meet today's market challenges.
Your membership in CIRI BC is one of the most important investments you can make in your career. CIRI membership is valued by fellow practitioners for many reasons, including:
- Our free mentorship program, where protégés are matched – based on personal needs – with experienced practitioners to develop their skills and knowledge;
- Our Mentorship Breakfast Series, also free to members, where you can hear the career stories of experienced fellow practitioners and other members of the investment community;
- Professional development workshops; BC Chapter event schedule please click here.
- Networking socials;
- CIRI’s advocacy efforts and leadership on issues of relevance to our industry and to the broader investment community; and
- Timely, relevant publications that provide a great resource for staying current on the IR industry
If you are already a CIRI BC member and would like to get more involved in the BC Chapter, please speak to us about the opportunity to join one of our standing committees. Volunteering is a great way to meet new members and shape the future direction of the chapter.
If you know of someone who may be interested in joining CIRI, please encourage them to do so and to list you on their member application (under “how did you hear of CIRI”) so you may receive a $100 Refer a Friend credit. To view details of this program, click here or simply ask them to contact CIRI National or any member of the BC chapter board.
I look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events.
Jon Bey, CPIR
Chair, CIRI BC